Following the BC Provincial Health Office, Worksafe BC, and the Phase 2 of BC’s Restart Plan, White Rock businesses are beginning to re-open their doors. Many have adapted thoughtful strategies to provide a safe and healthy environment for consumers. For example:
- The Hand-Picked Home has revised opening hours Tuesdays to Saturdays from 10:30AM to 5PM; and appointment-only shopping on Sundays from 11:30 AM to 4:30 PM. The store has also altered its shopping experience and physical setup with hand sanitizer available upon entry, social-distance floor markers, masks required for shop staff and customers, reduced shop capacity, cleaning measures in-between visits, and contactless payment!
- Uli’s Restaurant has opened a pick-up option, ulis2go, through June 30, 2020.
- Cosmos Greek Restaurant is open pick-up and delivery with third-party services daily from 4PM to 9:30 PM.
- Sin 7 Salon is also opened as of June 1st. The salon’s altered operations delineate its top priorities to ensure the safety of staff and costumers, such as providing hand sanitizers and masks, taking temperatures upon entry, removing its waiting areas, and accepting reservation-only customer visits with no guests!
- White Oaks Massage & Wellness has established COVID 19 clinic protocols, including a hand sanitizing station upon entry, encouraging visitors to wear disposable masks, and accepting contactless billing.
While we are beyond excited that the community is finally “back to business,” we want to help you feel confident and safe in returning to their favorite local spots. Here are some tips on how to shop, dine, visit, with care.
- If You Are Sick, Stay Home!
- If you are demonstrating any symptoms, please stay at home and avoid contact. We love you and will always be around when you are feeling better!
- Practice Physical Distancing!
- Whether you are shopping in-store or waiting to pick up a to-go order, please ensure that you are giving yourself and others enough space! Please respect the 2 meter/6 feet official guideline in social distancing. Our businesses need a healthy environment to sustain their operations, and we need you to stay healthy to protect the community!
- Wear a Mask!
- When it is hard to physically distance, please wear a non-medical mask. If you need to purchase one, #ShopLocal while you are at it (at places such as Health Express or The Living Room Store)!
- Use Contactless Payment when possible!
- If you can, avoid cash payments and try to use contactless methods such as debit/credit card or Apply/Google pay when making a purchase.
- Shop Efficiently!
- With in-store customer limits and queues outside storefronts, please be mindful and shop efficiently. It will minimize contact for you and others.
- “Be Kind, Be Calm, Be Safe!”
- Most importantly, we are all fighting the pandemic together. Being understanding and supportive of one another is one collective stride towards building a stronger community as we embrace a new state of normalcy. Exhibit kindness, and say “thank you!”
We are working diligently to advocate and assist White Rock small businesses. Please stay connected through our social media @WhiteRockBIA for local initiatives and updates. We are in this together, and we are imagining new ways of connecting, collaborating, and instilling hope.