Food is a delightful way into the hearts, homes, and histories of places you visit and people you meet. Given that about 40 percent of people living in metropolitan Vancouver speak English as a second language, there are many places to dine to enjoy cuisines from other cultures. We’re so fortunate to live in a diverse community of 20,000, with all the benefits that come with that diversity – including great cuisine choices.
Whether you are looking for lunch on the go or a night of fine dining, White Rock’s got you covered with delicious international cuisines. You don’t need to travel far to taste authentic cultural dishes of the world- they’re right here in our community. Here are the best spots to give your taste buds an adventure:
– Explore traditional Vietnamese food from Five Corners Vietnamese Restaurant(Five Corners) or Pho 777 Vietnamese Restaurant (Uptown), where dishes are made to perfection with subtle flavors and fresh ingredients.
– If you want to visit an Indian Restaurant for dine-in or take-out, Cilantro Indian Cuisine(West Beach), Tandoori Flare Indian Cuisine & Bar (Five Corners), White Rock Indian Flavours (Uptown), Akash Chaat House & Resto (West Beach), and Little India (West Beach) have you covered.
– For a taste of East Asia, order to-go from Kappa Japanese Restaurant(Uptown), Two Guys Sushi & Seafood Grill (Five Corners), and Taka’s Sushi (Five Corners) or in-person from Sushi Iwa (West Beach) – any of these will serve you the freshest rolls and other menu items. Take a trip to Hawaii for some flavourful coffee, poke bowls, soft ice cream, and shave ice from Aloha Beach Picnic (East Beach). Serving up Chinese cuisine, Penang Szechuan Cuisine (Uptown), CCTV Chinese Restaurant (West Beach), The Bund Shanghai Cuisine (West Beach), Cloud Cafe (West Beach), and One Pot (Uptown) will bring to you dishes from different regions of China. Of course, there’s no better way to conclude a meal with a dessert or tea. Head to Chu’s Tea and Coffee (Five Corners), Marina O’s (West Beach) or Leieve Tea (East Beach) for a wide selection of bubble teas brought to you in the heart of White Rock.
– Craving Mexican food? You’re in luck. We recommend Zapoteca Mexican Grill & Seafood(East Beach), Primo’s Mexican Grill (West Beach), Alebrijes Kitchen + Bar (West Beach) and Baja Cantina (East Beach). Named by UNESCO as an Intangible Cultural Heritage, Mexican food is truly international. Visit our beloved Mexican restaurants in White Rock to get your most authentic tasting!
– What are your European cuisine options? Head to Bin 101 Wine & Tapas for Tapas, or La Baia (East Beach) for Italian cuisine. Cosmos Greek Restaurant will serve up your little taste of Greece in the warm beachfront atmosphere (come for the food, stay for the view)!
– We have Middle Eastern cuisine! One of the newest addition to the White Rock community, Mashawee Lebanese Grill (Uptown) and its relaxing atmosphere and amiable staff, and diverse delicious food options will offer a great dining experience.
– Last but not least, we take you to the Caribbean with PG’s Jamaican Restaurant(Five Corners), who cater to a wide selection of classic Caribbean dishes that you would not want to miss. Bring your taste buds to life!
Did we miss anything? What is your favourite international cuisine spot in White Rock? Please let us know!