The White Rock BIA has identified a number of Core Functions and Key Objectives as outlined in its current Strategic Plan. The BIA is committed to providing value-added service to member businesses.
The White Rock BIA and the City of White Rock work in partnership on economic development and investment strategies. BIA initiatives focus on retail needs, retail attraction and business retention to create successful cross-pollination among local businesses. The goal is to develop a diverse retail mix that serves the needs of consumers from local and surrounding communities.
The WRBIA’s Beautification and Enhancement Program coordinates all beautification projects within the four BIA business districts. The BIA works to identify programs and initiatives that support the overall beautification of the community including seasonal lighting, street furniture, landscape architecture and other forms of streetscape enhancement. The goal is to create a charming and welcoming business community.
On behalf of its members, the WRBIA is responsible for the creative development of all BIA marketing, advertising and promotional initiatives. The BIA develops unique marketing initiatives that brand the major retail areas as a vibrant, attractive and inviting shopping destination. The goal is to implement annual marketing advertising and promotional campaigns that stimulate and increase business activity.
The White Rock BIA utilizes cutting edge technology to serve its membership effectively. Through website development, regular member communications and its social media platforms, the BIA keeps its members up to date on current issues. The goal is to help members share, learn and engage through effective two-way communications.
By developing strong partnerships with the city of White Rock, key community stakeholders and other local organizations, the White Rock BIA has established itself as a dynamic community leader and advocate. When possible, the BIA assists with charitable fundraising initiatives within White Rock. The goal is to position the BIA as a community leader that serves the best interests of the business community.
The White Rock BIA develops programs and services that provide value-added support to its members. On-going member surveys help gather valuable intelligence to set a critical path. The programs include monthly networking events, regularly scheduled training workshops and information sessions to benefit BIA members. The goal is to actively support the growth and success of member businesses.
The White Rock BIA coordinates the presentation of a variety of major annual festivals and events within the community. A vibrant calendar of events has a direct, positive impact on the business community and tourism awareness. To minimize the cost to the BIA, a multi-tiered sponsorship package has been developed. The goal is to increase customer flow to local retail businesses and the restaurant sector, resulting in a significant growth in commercial activity.
- Promote the designated BIA business districts as vibrant retail and commercial business areas
- Develop and coordinate marketing, advertising and promotional activities for the purpose of branding and marketing the business community
- Work in partnership with the City of White Rock to oversee the beautification and maintenance of the designated BIA districts
- Provide graffiti removal services to all member property owners or business tenants
- Advocate on behalf of the business improvement area
- Foster outreach with key business stakeholders, community groups and associations, to develop positive partnerships within the community
- Develop and coordinate major festivals and events that drive increased visitations and business activity
- Coordinate programs and services that enhance small business development